Disability Services Case Study
The Mai-Wel Group Pioneers a Complete Organisational Solution.
The Mai-Wel Group is one of the largest Disability Service Providers in the Hunter Region, providing services and programs to more than 800 clients across seven Local Government Areas. The Mai-Wel Group employs more than 170 local support and administrative staff in addition to 110 supported employees. Services provided include: residential accommodation, flexible living options, respite, community participation, transition to work and supported employment. For more information relating to the Mai-Wel group please visit their website http://www.maiwel.com.au
The complex organisational requirements of the Disability Services Sector provide a challenge for conventional administration software applications. The Mai-Wel Group like many within the sector relied upon several generic business administration applications e.g. separate Client Management, Financials, Payroll, Human Resources and Inventory functions. Department and client level financial analysis was a painstaking process due to manual duplicate data entry.
Liveware ERP partnered with The Mai-Wel Group to develop and commercialise CIMSability (www.cimsability.com.au), a purpose built Disability Service software application. Released in 2007, CIMSability now enjoys a national presence with service providers in NSW, QLD, VIC and TAS now benefiting from its dedicated industry focus. By integrating CIMSability with Microsoft Dynamics® NAV, Liveware ERP delivered a turnkey industry solution that is now distributed throughout the industry.
Liveware ERP implemented Microsoft Dynamics® NAV; a powerful Business Administration application highly suited to the stringent department reporting requirements of the Disability Services industry. As their full ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, Dynamics NAV integrates Mai-Wel’s Financial, Human Recourses, Payroll, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Sales and Marketing, Project Management and Service Management functions.
Liveware ERP as a Microsoft Dynamics® partner retains the source code and the ability to customise Dynamics NAV, which made it an attractive solution that could cater for Mai-Wel’s complex requirements. Liveware delivered a series of modifications specifically for Mai-Wel in the areas of Financial Analysis, Human Resources & Payroll.
- Financial Analysis by Client; Mai-Wel can now easily apply a filter across the Chart of Accounts in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV using Client ID Dimensions to achieve financial reporting per client at any point in time, for any period. NAV is automatically updated with new Client ID’s as they are created in CIMSability meaning that clients only have one ID across all applications.
- Human Resources; Mai-Wel can now manage employee qualifications, plan and execute employee appraisals, add industry specific contact information and manage multiple supervisory points. For example employees can have multiple supervisors from each department.
- Payroll; Mai-Wel can charge employee hours against multiple organisational divisions and clients, allowing them to track and report exactly where wages are being spent. They can also provide details direct to Centrelink for their assisted employees. This removes the need for the employees to present pay advices to Centrelink each fortnight.
Keys to Success:
- Customisation; delivering the correct business fit for all departments
- A dedicated team at Mai-Wel committed to better systems not just automating existing ones
- Liveware Solution’s experience in leveraging Microsoft platforms to deliver an integrated solution
From the Client:
“Following the deployment of CIMSability, we selected Dynamics NAV for its diversified functionality and in particular the flexibility of Liveware being able to offer a full integration to CIMSability. The contribution of immediate and auditable department & client level financial reporting has been significant.”
– Anne Hodgson: Deputy CEO, The Mai-Wel Group